Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Famed cool guy Irwin Chusid answers questions... Kicking off the love of odd...


Irwin Chusid

 to me
show details 2/19/05
on 2/18/05 3:42 PM, dennishermanson wrote:

> Are you on one of the two big satellite services? Would you consider it?

Am *I*, or is *WFMU*? Not sure which entity you mean.

Me = no, and I'm not thinking about it. Satellite radio offers far less
freedom than I am afforded at WFMU. The pay is meager, and from what those
in satellite radio have told me, they are mere voices, not programmers. I
don't do radio as a job; it's a hobby.

> My take is that radio is being killed by the Corporate/FCC in America

Radio is changing. It has changed before. It will adapt, or die. Not a
concern of mine. Media is multifarious. If not radio, then internet.

And corporations don't faze me. I don't understand the paranoia exhibited by
a number of my colleagues at WFMU, and elsewhere.

> So is WFMU, of course, it's in the top
> five in America. But it doesn't archive, it does stream.

WFMU has archives:
http://wfmu.org/playlists

Now, what was the question?

Be well, sir.
ic



- - - - -

http://www.wfmu.org/irwin/

No comments:

Post a Comment